Stuart is a senior commercial lawyer with over 30 years of commercial legal experience in Australia and internationally, including more than 20 years specialising in banking and finance.
As a former banking and finance partner of two leading Australian firms, Stuart has a strong track record advising ASX-100 companies, mid-cap and private companies, property developers and investors and lenders, on complex financing transactions and related projects and commercial matters.
Stuart’s finance experience includes acting for:
- ANZ on the financing of its $2.6b acquisition of the Landmark rural finance business
- Deluxe Group on the acquisition financing of the Omnilab production business and subsequent refinancing
- Endeavour Mining (Monaco) in connection with the acquisition financing (by way of scheme of arrangement) of WA-based Adamas Resources
- Unitas Capital on the financing of its leveraged buyouts of NZ Yellow Pages, Independent Liquor and Repco businesses
- Healthscope in connection with the financing of its acquisitions of Nova Health, Ramsay Hospitals and bids for Symbion Health (by way of a scheme of arrangement).