- +61 3 9269 9511
Katalin is a Senior Associate in our Family & Relationship Law group.
Katalin practices exclusively in family law and works across a wide range of matters, including those involving complex property settlements, international and cross-jurisdictional issues, financial agreements, children's matters and intervention orders.
Katalin acts on behalf of clients both in Australia and internationally.
Katalin has experience in a wide range of property and financial matters, including those involving property division, complex financial settlements, financial agreements, spousal and de facto maintenance and asset protection advice.
Katalin regularly acts in defended litigation for property and parenting matters in both federal and state jurisdictions including the Family Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and Magistrates' Court of Victoria.
Katalin is also experienced in litigated parenting proceedings involving issues of care and residence, family violence, child support, medical issues, schooling issues, and international relocation disputes.
Katalin is committed to providing professional, commercial and child-focused advice and seeks to empower and support clients in understanding and navigating the legal process.
Katalin also assists clients in resolving matters outside of Court through both private mediations and lawyer-led conferences, and is a strong advocate for achieving positive and pragmatic outcomes through negotiated discussions.
Katalin's areas of expertise include:
- client advocacy;
- financial settlement and litigation;
- asset protection and financial agreements;
- international and jurisdictional disputes;
- children's issues;
- child support agreements;
- family violence and intervention orders; and
- pro bono and community legal assistance.
Katalin's career highlights include:
- advising in complex property matters and defended litigation in the Family Court involving asset pools exceeding $80 million, large corporate structures and multiple parties;
- acting in successful appeal proceedings before the Full Court of the Family Court of Australia;
- advising couples who are in or contemplating a de facto relationship or marriage on financial agreements and asset protection;
- advising in parenting and child custody disputes, including successful applications with respect to medical treatment, schooling and vaccination issues;
- undertaking pro bono work and community legal assistance, particularly in the areas of refugee law, temporary protection visas, and promoting access to justice for disadvantaged and marginalised sections of the community.