Stephen is the Head of Analytics & Innovation at Lander & Rogers. In a two-part role, Stephen leads innovative practices in legal operations and drives the firm's digital data transformation. Certified in design thinking, processes improvement, and analytics, Stephen supports senior leaders to drive operational excellence and improve bottom-line performance.
Stephen has extensive international experience, including strategy and operations consulting for some of the world's largest organisations across five continents. He is a professional engineer by background, lean six sigma black belt, certified in design thinking, and completing a Masters degree in data science.
Stephen's select experience includes:
- Consulting with a large healthcare provider to scope, design, develop and deploy digital tools to automate onboarding processes. Through centralised, digitised contract management and streamlined workflows, the client significantly reduced risk and minimised time and money spent on administrative tasks.
- Collaborating with the Insurance Law & Litigation team to undertake a deep data analysis review for a client to understand trends, patterns and outliers in the client's matters. As a result of the review, the client was transitioned to a fixed-fee model which has provided cost savings and increased cost certainty and predictability.
- Modernising the firm’s data management systems through a central data lake enabling data to be seamlessly integrated, processed, and analysed. The data infrastructure overhaul provides the firm with a unified view of all data, allowing the firm to present information securely and in a meaningful way to gain deeper insights, and make data-driven decisions with speed and precision.
- Innovation in training & development | 2023 Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyer Awards
- Dynamic duo - Lander & Rogers x beNEXT | 2022 Australian Legal Technology Association (ALTA) Awards
- People and skills: Building design thinking and legaltech skills in the next generation of lawyers | 2021 Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyer Awards