Rhiannon holds a Master of Applied Law Family Law) and is an accredited family law specialist. She has practised exclusively in family and relationship law since her admission to practice in 2013.
Rhiannon is recognised in the 2023 and 2024 editions of The Best Lawyers in Australia in the "Ones to Watch" category.
Having commenced her legal career in the regional areas of Bendigo and Echuca, Rhiannon was exposed to a wide range of parenting and property cases. She later returned to Melbourne, where she worked in a boutique law firm before joining Lander & Rogers in 2019.
Rhiannon is known for the guidance and support she provides her clients through each phase of their family law journey and is passionate about empowering her clients with the tools to move on to the next chapter of their lives. She treats each client with empathy and understanding, whilst maintaining a pragmatic and commercial approach in resolving their matter.
Rhiannon is a member of the international family and relationship law team at Lander & Rogers and has represented clients seeking to relocate internationally to countries including the United States of America, France, the Philippines, Sweden, and the United Arab Emirates. Rhiannon's international family law experience also includes representing clients with assets held across multiple international jurisdictions.
Rhiannon has volunteered her time to community legal centres, including the Moonee Valley Legal Service, Hume Riverina Community Legal Service, Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre, and the Redfern Legal Centre.
Rhiannon's expertise includes:
- disputes in relation to jurisdiction, where one party denies the existence of a de facto relationship
- disputes in relation to which forum proceedings should be issued in, whether that be in Australia or internationally
- international family law, including interstate and international relocations
- complex parenting matters involving allegations of family violence, abuse of illicit substances and sexual abuse
- complex financial matters, from matters with modest asset pools to matters with asset pools exceeding $50 million, including those involving corporate entities, trust structures and tax considerations.
Rhiannon's career highlights include:
- successfully obtaining a litigation funding order for a client, where the other party denied the existence of a de facto relationship and where the jurisdiction of the court had not yet been enlivened
- successfully obtaining a court order for the child of the parties to relocate to Melbourne with the client, in circumstances where the parties had previously agreed to the relocation and the other parent later withdrew their consent
- intervening in proceedings on behalf of an employee of one of the parties and successfully obtaining an order for the employee to be paid an amount due to her pursuant to her employment contract.
"Rhiannon was the best support I could have asked for in working through the property settlement in my difficult and emotional separation. She listened to what was really important to me and built a tailored strategy to achieve that outcome in the most efficient and cost-effective way. She was kind and supportive but also honest about likely outcomes at every point. I am so grateful for her help."
What approach do you adopt when advising clients?
Rhiannon is clear about the likely ranges of outcomes available to her clients. This approach enables her clients to properly understand what their financial position will be and to plan for the future.
What is your approach to managing files?
Rhiannon is measured and considered in her approach to assisting her clients. When working with Rhiannon, her clients can expect to receive timely responses and a collaborative approach to resolving matters.