Charlotte specialises in insurance law with a focus on coverage advice and financial lines litigation and dispute resolution.
Charlotte acts for local and multinational insurers in relation to class actions and directors and officers related claims and is presently involved in multiple high-profile and complex class actions and financial institution claims. She also has considerable experience in professional indemnity insurance, acting in coverage disputes for insurers and defending claims against professionals including solicitors, barristers, financial advisors, accountants and surveyors.
Charlotte trained and qualified at a London insurance firm. She has undertaken secondments to the claims department of a leading London market insurance company; a global claims management business handling professional indemnity claims on behalf of multiple London Market insurers; the in-house legal department at a large commodities trading company in Switzerland; and most recently the Financial Lines claims management department of a leading insurer in Melbourne.
She is a committee member of the Australian Insurance Law Association, Victorian Chapter. In 2019 she coordinated the launch of the Lander & Rogers Claims Connect series of events.
Charlotte is admitted to practice in England and Wales and Victoria, Australia.
Charlotte's experience includes advising or acting for:
- insurers of financial institutions in numerous matters arising out of or otherwise relating to the Banking Royal Commission
- excess D&O insurers of an Australian financial services company in respect of shareholder class actions
- excess insurers in connection with a securities class action and providing advice on a prospectus and investment management insurance policy
- the primary D&O and investment management insurer of a retirement and aged care business in connection with numerous civil proceedings and ASIC investigations
- the excess D&O insurers of an Australian mining and minerals company in liquidation in relation to potential claims against the company and its directors
- insurers in numerous other shareholder class actions and major D&O claims
- two leading Australian Financial Services licensees in respect of Australian Financial Complaints Authority complaints and litigated claims made against their authorised representatives
- over 100 financial advisors and several London Market insurers in defending claims of multi-million pound value brought by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (UK)
- a large commodities trading company in a UNCITRAL arbitration in Malaysia in respect of uninsured losses arising out of a complex and multi-million pound dispute concerning the negligent design construction and operation of a tank storage facility