- +61 3 9269 9406
David Gillard is a family law accredited specialist. He has been engaged in complex family law matters for over 30 years and is a well-respected and accomplished litigator and negotiator.
Throughout David's career he has litigated and negotiated successful outcomes for his family law clients. Because of his record and his empathetic nature, he remains a trusted advisor to clients from all walks of life.
Like many of his colleagues in the family and relationship law department, his preference is, where possible, to negotiate a strong and cost-effective result for clients. He accordingly practices regularly in the area of mediation and collaborative law.
David's experience includes:
- gaining a successful result in a significant "death claim"
- handling overseas litigation joining entities situated in tax havens to proceedings in Australia
- conducting Full Court Appeal which lead to a redefinition as to the standards of evidence required in complex commercial matters
- successfully leading a number of cases involving parenting orders in favour of non-biological parents
- procuring new forms of enforcement orders in relation to complex monetary matters.
David is recognised in the 2020 and 2021 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Family Law.