Heidi is a Senior Associate in the Insurance Law & Litigation team at Lander & Rogers and advises Australian and overseas insurers in relation to a range of litigated matters.
Heidi focuses on insurance litigation in the areas of construction, professional indemnity and property claims. She has experience handling complex, multi-party disputes involving a range of professionals in the property and building and construction industries including property valuers, building surveyors, architects and engineers. Heidi also advises professionals in the building and construction industry in relation to disciplinary inquiries and prosecutions.
Heidi has provided advice to professional associations in relation to the operation of professional standards legislation or "capped liability" schemes. She is currently developing her practice in relation to contract works claims and subrogated recoveries in the construction space.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Heidi was an integral part of a Litigation and Regulatory team at a global law firm.
Heidi's career highlights include:
- conduct of a $25 million claim by an ASX-listed company against a property valuer in a private arbitration;
- regularly handling claims in the Country Court, Supreme Court and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal against building and construction professionals;
- assisting with the development and roll out of national risk management training modules for a professional association;
- advising a number of construction professionals regarding risk management and insurance issues relating to the use of Aluminium Composite Cladding; and
- acting for a large contractor in a Supreme Court of Victoria trial arising from catastrophic equipment failure on a project.