Jennifer is a construction and insurance dispute specialist with more than 16 years of experience in the UK and Australia.
She is known for swiftly identifying and resolving complex coverage issues and driving matters towards early commercial resolution.
Jennifer is a skilled communicator verbally and in writing.
Jennifer has significant expertise in construction, professional indemnity, third party property damage, product liability and recall claims.
She has acted in most Australian jurisdictions and in all levels of Courts and Tribunals. She is an experienced negotiator in mediations and settlement conferences.
Jennifer's experience includes acting for:
- engineering consultants defending allegations of negligent design including working with multiple parties to identify an appropriate design solution to minimise costs and avoid litigation
- a builder defending litigated claims for third party property damage arising from excavation/vibration including consideration of complex indemnity issues and allocation of liability between various potential defendants
- a crane operator and successfully denying liability in a $4m claim arising out of the collapse of an industrial crane
- an industry body and settling a liability claim made by several claimants in relation to the flooding of agricultural land
- an insurer investigating suspected fraud by an insured in relation to a fire at business premises leading to the claim being declined, then defending proceedings brought by the insured against the insurer
- a product supplier in relation to a claim for property damage and business interruption due to operational issues at a hospital.