Kate is a Senior Associate in the Workplace Relations and Safety team. Kate represents and advises clients across all stages of employment matters and litigation. She has been involved in litigation across the public and private sectors.
Kate has practised in several jurisdictions in Australia and has experienced a wide range of workplace relations matters in acting for clients in a number of different industries.
She also has in-house legal experience from her secondments to Australia Post and the University of Melbourne. This includes advice on sensitive employment matters and management of internal and external stakeholders.
Kate's experience includes:
- engaging in employment litigation in the Victorian Supreme Court of Appeal
- successfully defending of a politically sensitive appeal in the High Court of Australia
- advising on communications for a large-scale organisational restructure, which enabled successful implementation with minimal legal risk
- advising on risks and strategy of managing ill and injured employees
- negotiating agreed outcomes and successful defences in claims for unfair dismissal, adverse action, contract, discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment
- conducting and managing complex and sensitive workplace investigations
- assisting large-scale client projects with internal communications, media releases, advice and strategy.