Luke is an experienced practitioner with expertise across a broad range of workplace issues, including representing and advising employers and individuals about employment, industrial relations, and work health and safety matters. Luke also practices in the area of administrative law.
Luke's has significant experience in:
- advising employers about business protection matters, including misuse of confidential information and post-employment restraints
- conducting investigations into allegations concerning employees
- conducting investigations into workplace incidents or fatalities
- representing employers in unfair dismissal, adverse action, and breach of contract claims in the Fair Work Commission, Supreme Court of NSW, and the Federal Court of Australia
- assisting with employment issues for major corporate clients undergoing restructures, mergers and acquisitions
- advising employers about their work health and safety obligations and representing employers in work health and safety prosecutions.
Luke's experience includes advising or acting for:
- DXC Technology about a significant business protection matter involving several senior employees simultaneously moving to a competitor
- oOh! media in obtaining urgent asset freezing orders against a former employee who was found to have defrauded the business over many years
- Gallagher in recovering confidential information taken by a former employee, and obtaining compensation for clients lost as a result of the employee referring them to a competitor
- the NSW Department of Industry in successfully defending it against an unfair dismissal claim brought by a former employee
- Healthscope in successfully defending it against a breach of contract claim brought by a doctor in one of its hospitals
- Department of Education in an NCAT application made by a school in response to a decision to cease its funding due to it having for-profit activities
- An individual pro bono client in reaching a significant settlement agreement in relation to her disability discrimination claim against her educational provider.