Matt has worked in our Insurance Law & Litigation group from the time he completed his articles with Lander & Rogers in 2000, having been appointed as a partner with the firm in 2008. He was a founding partner of the firm's Queensland office and heads up the group's casualty practice.
Matt maintains a diverse practice and a keen interest in all areas of insurance law. Many of the firm’s clients call on Matt when they have insurance related queries.
Matt has acted for high profile sportspeople in personal injury actions, a school in a catastrophic injury claim to a student, and an importer in a product defect claim involving three plaintiffs who sustained injuries when a boat capsized. He has also defended personal injury actions arising out of a balcony collapse and has acted for insurers for sporting and religious organisations as well as health care providers with large deductibles where a need to act in a discreet and sensitive manner is critical.
Matt's experience includes:
- Mission Beach skydiving fatality Inquest and related civil claims
- Falls festival crowd crush class action
- Groote Eylandt Aboriginal Trust litigation
- Parkinson's Disease sufferers class action
- Mobile World operating and Telstra Federal Court litigation
- Media World class action.