Neil has specialised in Workplace Relations & Safety since 1986. His focus is on helping employers achieve their goals against a backdrop of ever-changing and increasingly complex workplace laws. He joined Lander & Rogers in October 2009.
Neil is recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Labour and Employment law. He is also recommended as one of the leading lawyers in NSW by Doyle's Guide for Employment & Industrial Relations.
Neil's areas of expertise include:
- strategic industrial relations advice;
- workplace strategies for business;
- resolving industrial disputes;
- advocacy before industrial tribunals;
- investigating workplace misconduct;
- drafting awards and enterprise agreements;
- drafting executive contracts;
- business protection employment litigation including enforcing restraints of trade and recovering confidential information/IP;
- unfair dismissal and contract claims;
- workplace safety - litigation, training and advice, including workplace bullying and harassment;
- anti-discrimination; and
- workplace privacy, including surveillance and drug and alcohol policies and procedures
Neil's experience includes:
- arranging an urgent forensic investigation into activities of a senior executive team that was setting up as a competitor and negotiating a favourable settlement for the employer
- defending large underpayment claim and providing strategy to resolve potential claims without litigation
- obtaining urgent asset-freezing orders against an employee who fraudulently misappropriated employer's funds
- conducting an urgent investigation into allegations of sexual harassment against manager
- drafting collective agreements for employers
- defending a large contract cleaner from prosecution by the Workplace Ombudsman and successfully reducing the scope of the proceedings from approximately 600 alleged breaches to 12 breaches
- overseeing an investigation on behalf of a large public private partnership into sensitive allegations of workplace fraud and reviewing a written report of the investigation and findings.