Nick practices in property and development law, acting for institutional vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, joint ventures, commercial and industrial developers and property financiers. During his career, he has developed an approach aimed at providing prompt strategic advice, avoiding disputes and completing contract negotiations quickly and efficiently.
During Nick's time at Lander & Rogers and previously at a large international firm, he has developed an approach aimed at providing direct and prompt advice, completing contract negotiations quickly and efficiently and avoiding disputes.
Nick's areas of expertise include:
- structured real estate transactions;
- sales and acquisitions structured via fund through arrangements;
- commercial and industrial leasing for institutional landlords and major tenants;
- commercial and industrial sales, acquisitions and developments;
- sale and leaseback transactions for major corporations;
- portfolio management for major corporations;
- property finance for lenders and borrowers; and
- subdivisions and development.
He is recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia for Real Property Law and in Doyle's Guide for leading Melbourne property lawyers.
Nick's experience includes acting for:
- Bunnings Group on various projects, including its national warehouse rollout program and its divestment, fund through and lease back program; and sales of various warehouses across Australia for a combined value in excess of $1 billion
- Ascendas/CapitaLand on the acquisition of various industrial sites across Australia that are both developed and acquired for development through development agreements and fund through structures
- Logos on the acquisition of various logistics sites across Australia that are acquired with its capital partners for development through various methods including development agreements and fund through structures
- ARA Asset Management on the acquisition of a commercial office building for $180 million
- MAB Corporation on the development of a new education facility for RMIT and subsequent sale and in the sale and development of various sites at MAB's Epping and the Merrifield developments
- Wesfarmers and Bunnings on all property aspects of Australia's first structured debt raising and lease securitisation of 15 Bunnings warehouses.