Rohan is an experienced and Law Institute of Victoria accredited commercial litigator, who focusses on professional liability insurance and construction disputes.
Rohan handles complex multi-party disputes involving building professionals. Over the past 20 years, he has acted for architects, engineers, building surveyors, statutory town planners (and their insurers), as well as design and construction contractors and consultants, and local government officers and employees.
He has acted for local councils, government departments and various statutory authorities and has extensive experience defending professional indemnity claims against councils as well as claims under the Water Act 1989 (Vic).
Rohan has many years of experience handling litigation in the Federal, Supreme and County Courts, as well as the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal. He also has experience in class action litigation, including a Legionella outbreak and bushfires and has extensive experience in claims involving non-compliant building products, including flammable cladding.
Rohan has been recognised in the Legal 500 rankings in the category of insurance, and in Best Lawyers in Australia in Construction / Infrastructure Law and Insurance Law.
Rohan's experience includes acting for:
- a mechanical services engineer in defence of a $10M+ claim and associated class action in the Supreme Court of Victoria regarding a legionella outbreak at the Melbourne Aquarium
- a specialist engineering firm in a $100M+ mining dispute regarding the operation of plant and equipment at a uranium mine
- a global design firm in connection with damage to a public mall
- a firm of architects in relation to a $10M+ claim by owners of an apartment building for water related damage
- a regional water authority for water damage to private properties from flooding
- a municipal authority in defence of a $60M+ bushfire class action in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- numerous active litigated cladding claims against design and regulatory consultants in the VCAT and the Supreme Court of Victoria.