Sarah is an experienced lawyer, senior executive and general counsel with over 20 years' experience in legal practice. She has extensive commercial disputes and regulatory investigations experience, including corporations law, consumer and competition law, banking and finance, public law and complex commercial and contractual matters acting on behalf of public, private, statutory bodies and government and appearing in Federal and State Courts in all jurisdictions.
With a diverse background spanning commercial, corporate and regulatory advisory and dispute resolution, Sarah brings a high level of energy and technical expertise to Lander & Rogers' Commercial Disputes team and its client base, as well as a unique perspective and skills from her roles as a barrister, general counsel and senior executive.
Sarah is a highly experienced litigator, having practised as a barrister for over eight years as well as her experience in private practice and in-house, appearing in and having the conduct of a number of large-scale complex commercial disputes and regulatory compliance and investigations matters. She has also led the development and implementation of a number of organisational and legal transformation projects and governance reviews.
Immediately prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Sarah was a partner at Deloitte Legal after having served four years as the CEO of the Victorian Bar.
Sarah's areas of expertise include:
- ACCC investigations and prosecutions
- consumer protection, misleading and deceptive conduct and anti-competitive conduct disputes
- franchise compliance and disputes
- ASIC investigations and prosecutions
- disciplinary hearings and internal investigations
- corporate governance disputes
- intellectual property disputes including trademarks, misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off matters
- inquiries and commissions
- contractual, shareholder and partnership disputes