Angela is an experienced lawyer practising in employment, industrial relations and safety. She advises major corporate clients in relation to all areas of general employment and industrial relations, including payroll compliance, employee management and enterprise bargaining. She also specialises in conducting complex litigation in all areas of employment and industrial relations.
Angela has experience in a broad range of industries, including mining, banking, tertiary education, maritime and transport, and in both the private and public sectors.
Angela works closely with clients to establish a clear understanding of their operational framework, internal structures and objectives at the outset. This enables her to deliver high-quality commercial advice and achieve the client's goals in litigation.
Angela's areas of expertise include:
- advising on all aspects of the employment relationship, including performance management and termination of employment
- advising on payroll compliance and managing complex payroll review and remediation projects
- advising companies in relation to enterprise bargaining, including industrial action, drafting and applications for approval
- conducting a variety of employment and industrial relations litigation, including unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination and industrial relations disputes
- advising clients in relation to contracts of employment, including restraints of trade and set-off clauses
- delivering practical employment advice in relation to corporate transactions
- assisting clients with complex and sensitive investigations
- advising clients in relation to their safety obligations, including in responding to safety incidents and engaging with safety regulators
Angela's career highlights include:
- managing company-wide payroll compliance reviews for clients in various industries, including a mining company, a major bank and an aged care provider
- advising a major mining company in relation to bargaining for enterprise agreements with multiple unions, including conducting litigation arising from the applications for approval of the enterprise agreements
- acting in defence of an unfair dismissal claim for a large banking client, including compiling strong evidence against the employee resulting in a favourable settlement for the client
- acting for various clients on a pro bono basis, including a complainant in relation to their complaint of discrimination on the basis of their gender identity
- conducting due diligence for a major fund manager acquiring a transport business, including advising the client as to the current industrial relations landscape and the likely issues and strategy for the target's upcoming enterprise bargaining
- assisting with a complex investigation required by the Crime and Corruption Commission Queensland, involving multiple public interest disclosures