Joann is a senior associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions across several sectors.
Joann advises Australian and international clients on corporate transactions and corporate advisory matters, often involving cross-border elements. Joann's practice covers mergers and acquisitions (including business and share sales and acquisitions), due diligence, capital raisings, option arrangements, corporate governance and commercial contracts.
Joann supports businesses on a range of legal requirements across their lifespan, from initial establishment of business structures through to corporate and commercial advice and de-registration.
Joann is also experienced in equity capital market fundraising and has advised in several substantial ASX and Initial Public Offerings:
- WAM Leaders Limited: which set an ASX equity capital markets record for a listed investment company (LIC) raising of $394.3 million
- Antipodes Global Investment Company Limited: a LIC raising $313 million
- Watermark Global Leaders Fund Limited: a LIC raising $91 million
- Monash Absolute Investment Company Limited: a LIC that raised $52.5 million.
Joann's experience includes advising:
- a Japanese company owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan on its initial acquisition of a 30% interest in, restructure of and formation of an incorporated joint venture. Also advised on the acquisition of the remaining interest for $35 million and the shareholder arrangements with a key executive
- Kent Pet Group on its acquisition of FibreCycle Pty Ltd, an Australian and UK/European manufacturer and distributor, as well as warranty and indemnity insurance arrangements
- IOOF Holdings on the transfer of contracts and underlying trust assets after its sale of Australian Executor Trustees Corporate Trust to Sargon Capital
- HNZ Global in a joint venture with a competitor, to provide offshore helicopter transfer services to the Australian Icthys LNG oil and gas project
- Queensland Mining Corporation on the first and second sale of a combined 80% interest in an incorporated joint venture, which included prospective suites of exploration permits, mining licenses and a processing plant
- Gallagher, an insurance broking and risk management group, on various restructures
- Oroton on its 30% acquisition of accessories brand The Daily Edited for $4.5 million in cash and shares
- on various business sales, mergers, acquisitions and restructures and investment opportunities.