Rebecca has broad experience in insurance law and commercial litigation and has for many years acted for insurers, financial institutions and corporations. After qualifying in 2006, Rebecca worked in general litigation before moving to an insurance-based practice specialising in professional indemnity insurance and litigation.
Rebecca's experience extends to professional indemnity; health practitioner claims; financial services litigation; debt recovery; and general litigation.
Rebecca's experience includes:
- acting in professional negligence claims, including representing solicitors, accountants, auditors, financial advisors and insurance brokers in multiple Australian jurisdictions
- acting for health professionals in relation to disciplinary matters
- acting for solicitors in defence of claims ranging from breach of trust and fiduciary duties; professional negligence; conveyancing; and property disputes
- acting for an employer in defence of misleading and deceptive conduct in contractual negotiations with an employee
- managing small and large general litigation disputes at State and Federal levels, including in trial divisions and on appeal
- providing complex indemnity advice involving multiple insurance policies.