Adam is a commercial litigation and dispute resolution specialist. He has diverse litigation experience and provides strategic, candid and pragmatic advice on dispute avoidance, risk mitigation and litigation to seek the best commercial outcome for his clients.
Adam is recognised for his ability to navigate complex factual and legal matters, quickly identify the critical issues at hand, and develop an effective strategy to achieve a commercial outcome for his clients. He acts for a range of clients, from individuals to large corporate enterprises. These include publicly listed companies that operate across a broad spectrum of areas including technology, financial services, construction and insolvency. He has significant previous practising experience in insurance law and litigation, and workplace health and safety.
Adam is also highly skilled in leveraging legal technology, including eDiscovery and analytics, to enhance the value and efficiency of his legal services in the conduct of complex legal proceedings and regulatory investigations and to minimise client cost. He has substantial experience in directly managing large-scale discovery, investigation, analysis and review, and is regularly sought to consult in respect of eDiscovery matters across the firm.
Adam's areas of expertise include:
- large-scale corporations disputes and commercial litigation
- complex technology and IT disputes
- director, officer and shareholder disputes
- regulatory investigations, litigation and prosecutions
- trade practices advice and litigation, including in compliance and regulatory matters
- contract law advice and complex contractual disputes
- complex insolvency and bankruptcy disputes, including directors duties, receiverships, liquidations and administrations
Adam's career highlights include:
- advising a major Australian financial services licensee to successfully respond to an ASIC enforcement investigation, which resulted in “no further action” by ASIC
- defending an Australian individual against claims of unjust enrichment of USD$3.6 million by a US institutional cryptocurrency exchange
- defending several claims against multiple directors of a multi-billion dollar commercial development group, including personal guarantee claims in excess of $200 million
- representing a major general retail insurer in respect of an industry-wide ASIC investigation and report
- acting for the trustees in bankruptcy of a major Australian businessman in respect of the administration of his deceased estate, which include claims of fraud
- successfully pursuing a USD$19 million security for payment claim on behalf of a South Korean construction company arising out of services provided for a significant Australian wind farm project
- successfully pursuing multiple defamation claims against an Australian politician and several media news outlets on behalf of an Australian individual