- +61 3 9269 9505
Courtney practises exclusively in family & relationship law and is an accredited family law specialist. She was admitted to practice in April 2011. Courtney has experience in all aspects of family law including parenting and property matters, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution, litigation and binding financial agreements. Courtney adopts a measured and strategic approach to property negotiations to reach commercially minded outcomes for clients and is committed to child-focused and pragmatic negotiations in parenting matters. She has a particular interest in financial agreements and complex parenting matters.
Courtney's areas of experience include:
- property settlements, including negotiated agreements, mediation and defended litigation;
- financial agreements for couples who are in or contemplating a de facto relationship or marriage;
- parenting matters including disputed care arrangements, interstate and international relocation, and contravention proceedings;
- spousal maintenance and child support issues (including binding child support agreements);
- family violence intervention orders; and
Courtney regularly appears in the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, the Magistrates' Court of Victoria, and the Children's Court of Victoria. She also appears on behalf of clients at Court Conferences, informal negotiations, and has extensive mediation experience. Courtney has presented to the AFL Players' Association and Cricket Australia in relation to financial agreements.
Courtney has a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Melbourne.