Joseph's broad experience and knowledge means he is able to provide his clients with timely and targeted advice in respect of all issues arising from large-scale commercial construction and property development, including the planning process.
Joseph is an experienced and pragmatic building and construction lawyer with more than a decade's experience advising on all issues arising in the life of large-scale construction projects and property development. Joseph has worked in senior private practice and in-house roles, most recently as General Counsel for Australia's largest residential apartment builder. Joseph's private practice experience work tended to revolve around significant litigation arising from large-scale commercial developments and infrastructure projects. His experience broadened in-house, to include complicated drafting, contract administration, planning and property law.
- a multi-national architectural firm in defence of a significant claim for damages arising out of the design (and contract administration) of the Ivy precinct, one of Sydney's premier multi-purpose commercial sites
- proceedings in the Land & Environment Court to obtain planning approval for large-scale mixed-use development
- large construction companies in defence of Safework prosecutions, following catastrophic injuries to workers
- the manufacturer of an industrial slag product used as a road base in the construction of a major expansion of the Princes Highway on the south coast of NSW
- the contract works insurer of a multi-purpose development in inner-city Sydney, which was shut down for months as a consequence of significant damage to neighbouring property and public infrastructure, caused by a deflecting retaining wall
- the maintenance of the mechanical engineers responsible for the freight rail stock following a derailment in South Australia which resulted in the destruction of a number of rail cars and 50km of state-owned railroad infrastructure