Julian is property lawyer who specialises in acting for private, listed and government clients on all aspects of real estate law. Julian is known for his pragmatic and level-headed approach, focussing on achieving client desired outcomes, within relevant legal jurisdictions.
Julian handles complex real estate transactions daily. Since the early 1990s, Julian has gained the skills, knowledge and experience to assess a client's risk and offer practical commercial solutions to minimise risk.
He acts for private and listed entities in all aspects of real estate investment including whole-of-portfolio management; commercial property development and joint ventures; and office, industrial, retail and agricultural disposals, acquisitions and leasing.
Clients know that Julian will look after their interests and get the deal done. He is a trusted advisor to state and federal governments and their agencies. His experience and understanding of acting in this sector is extensive.
Julian has been recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia, as a leading real property lawyer.
Julian's experience includes:
- advising one of Australia's largest infrastructure projects in relation to the acquisition (including compulsory acquisition) of land across three states
- advising on the sale and leaseback of the Sydney HQ of one of Australia's largest member-owned mutual organisations
- advising the Commonwealth on its 21 hectare surplus land divestments in Queensland (Bulimba Barracks)
- providing long term retail distribution security for leading retailers at the Moorebank Logistics Park in Sydney
- advising one of the big four accounting firms in their Sydney HQ relocation, as an anchor tenant in a $500m new build
- the Sydney CBD building refurbishment and partial redevelopment, lease termination and new whole-of-building leasing
- an inter-governmental interface with a NSW authority and other government agencies, involving compulsory acquisitions, inter-agency boundary adjustments and road dedications
- the green and brownfield acquisitions and developments for one of NSW's largest retirement living and aged care providers.