Keifer is a pragmatic legal adviser and litigator with a passion for employment law and industrial relations. He understands the difficulty clients often face in understanding their rights and obligations in the workplace and the tensions that often arise because of disagreements around their scope and use. Where these issues arise, Keifer draws on his diverse professional experience — gained in private practice and industrial organisations — and academic training to provide workable solutions to his clients.
Keifer advises on all aspects of employment and industrial law, including employment agreements, executive agreements and responsibilities, human resources and occupational health & safety policies and procedures, outsourcing, performance management, employment termination, confidentiality and post-employment restrictions, anti-discrimination and occupational health & safety.
Keifer's career highlights include:
- managing safety and conduct investigations in the health sector and advising on action to remove risk, avoid prosecution and the taking of disciplinary action
- advising a government entity in the transport sector on managing allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and misconduct involving over 40 respondents
- appearing on behalf of a publicly listed real estate company in the Federal Court to defend claims of discrimination and adverse action with over $1 million in claimed damages
- advising a multinational media and entertainment company on its safety obligations to its workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic
- overseeing the Sydney office’s refugee and asylum seeker program, including co-ordinating pro-bono judicial review matters and managing the firm’s relationship with the Refugee Advice & Casework Service (RACS).