Mark has been a workplace relations practitioner for more than 35 years, including more than 25 years as a practising lawyer. He has been a partner of Lander & Rogers since 1999.
Mark has extensive law firm experience and has held high-profile industry roles dealing with strategic issues facing employers. He has also had a term as a Federal Court Judge’s Associate and working in employee relations in manufacturing and higher education.
Mark provides a significant depth of knowledge and experience in workplace relations and is regularly sought by employers for strategic advice and guidance.
Mark provides advice on employment and employer issues such as:
- employment and independent contractor agreements;
- drafting and negotiating collective agreements;
- interpretation of awards and other industrial instruments;
- workplace policy advice;
- workplace change strategy;
- transfer of business;
- award superannuation matters;
- governance of registered organisations;
- public holiday and trading hours;
- workplace due diligence; and
- termination of employment.
Mark is a member of the Advisory Board, Centre for Employment and Labour Relations Law at The University of Melbourne; member of the Australian Human Resources Institute; Australian Labour Law Association member and a Life Member and Past President of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria.
Mark is recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in labour and employment law.